Othello is the classic red English Rose in every respect- large, rich, deep crimson flowers with a powerful Old Rose fragrance. The velvety crimson blooms of this well-known variety are produced in clusters and age to purple as they mature and are held atop upright stems, accompanied by dark-green foliage on bushy growth.
The fragrance of Othello is particularly distinctive - rich and intensely old rose. The blooms are of classic English Rose form - deeply cupped and quartered, large and many petalled, repeat blooming over a long season.
- Clusters of deep, velvety crimson roses on bushy, vigorous shrubs
- Strong, classic old rose fragrance
- Excellent repeat blooming, Hardiness Zones: 5 to 9
- Grows 4 ft tall and 3½ ft wide
- Grown and shipped in a 3 gallon container: well rooted and established - ready to plant in your garden
This rose arrived in a pot, well-rooted & ready to plant. Within a day, before even getting into the ground, abundant new growth started to sprout everywhere on the plant. Now, it’s covered in leaves and buds. I have already purchased another rose from Cattail Creek, & would highly recommend their products to anyone looking to add to their garden.
Received Othello last fall. After the winter, it start to grow at February. And there are 6 flower buds already in March! Highly recommended!
California, zone 9b.
Leave a Review